I have tried numerous recipes for flax crackers and I adjust them to create the perfect cracker and then find that perhaps another recipe could be more perfect. Anyway, this is a good one.
1 3/4 cups flax seed – Soak in about 3 cups of water. ( I usually soak them overnight)
1/2 cup carrot
1/4 cup ginger
4 medium cloves garlic
½ teaspoon chilli powder (or more to taste)
1/2 cup tamari, or ? cup of miso
curry powder to taste
½ tsp ground cumin (jeera)
3 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil
1 cup fresh dhania (coriander) , chopped
1. Blend all the ingredients in 1 cup of water except for the flax seeds
2. Pour off any excess water from the soaked flax seeds
3. Mix the blended ingredients with the soaked flax seeds
4. Spread the mix onto solid sheets – The thickness is also a personal preference. For thin crackers about 3mm thick and for thicker crackers about 5mm thick.
5. Dehydrate for 6-8 hours. I use either the Ezidri Ultra or the Excalibur dehydrator for the crackers.
Enjoy with vegan cheese, spreads such as avo, pate, pesto etc.
Garlicky Spicy Flax Crackers